Please do not copy my tutorial.
Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
border psd preview v1 TutorialThere are multiple ways to do these. If you don't want to do it this way than check out v2. Personally, I like this way the best because it shows every design the border includes.
What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Keep in mind there is a border psd and a border psd PREVIEW. Try not to mix up which I'm talking about! Open your border psd preview, or make one. I'm using one of my own that you can find on this website.
2. Open up the border psd. If there's a cute base on it (you know? the thing that probably says your site name and is all dolled up) than hide that layer and MERGE all of the border layers.
3. Drag the border layer over onto the psd preview. (It might take a minute to find it on there) Line it up in the left top corner by using the "Move Tool." BE CAREFUL that you line it up correctly or your preview wont look right. You can tell it's lined up correctly when you see the black rim like below.
and this is the INCORRECT lineup.
4. Click on the border psd. Click on the "Rectangular Marquee Tool" and use it around some of RIGHT SIDE.
click here to see
Click "edit >> copy" and go back to the border psd preview. Click "edit >> paste" and you should see that part of the border now.
5. Move that part over to the right. Make sure you line it up CORRECTLY like I showed you in step 3.
6. Go back to the border psd. Click on the rectangular marquee tool again and use it around some of the BOTTOM. Copy it again and paste it onto the border preview. This is just like step 4.
7. Move that part down to where it belongs. Again, make sure you line it up correctly.