Please let me know if you used this tutorial.
Please do not redistribute my tutorial.
Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
This tutorial will teach you how to make an ad unit using google adsense.
What you'll need:
The Steps1. Sign in to your google adsense account.
2. Click "My ads".
3. Click "New ad unit" which I outlined in black below.
4. For the section pictured below, check under this picture for instructions.
Where it says Name:: Put the name of your ad there.
For example- Name: content section or Name: top banner
Where it says Ad size: choose which size you want your ad unit to be. If you aren't sure about the sizes, click where it says to "View examples of ad types and sizes".
Where it says Ad type: choose which type of ad you want your ad unit to be.
Text ads only - ads will show up as ONLY text. No image ads will show up
Text & image/rich media ads - ads will show up as either just the text ads or as images.
Image/rich media ads only- ads will show up as ONLY image ads. No text ads will show.
Where it says Backup ads: choose which thing you want to show up when google has NO ads to currently show on your website.
5. You'll see a section called "Custom Channels." I don't usually put anything in there. If you click on the little question mark next to it, it explains what this section means.
6. If you chose to have any type of text ads showing than you'll see Ad style (AdWords ads only). You click which style you want it to look like and it shows you an example (where I outlined in black).
7. Now click "Save and get code" to save the ad unit and get the code to place the ads on your website You're done!