Please let me know if you used this tutorial. Please do not copy my tutorial. Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial. Please tag/credit me where ever you used this tutorial!
preppy text v13 tutorial
What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Type your text out and color it how ever you want. I colored mine like this tutorial > click here
what I have so far:
2. Create however many new layers you need for how ever many brushes you're placing on your text. For example, for this tutorial I'm placing down 2 brushes on my text, so I will create 2 new layers. If you don't know how to create new layers than check out my tutorial on that before continuing.
3. Place down your brushes where ever you want them in what ever color you want. I decided to make mine blend with the text, but you can also make them a different color if you choose to. Make sure ONE brush is on ONE layer at a time because you will need to rotate the brushes to fit on the text. If you don't know how to rotate brushes than check out my tutorial on that before continuing.
what I have so far
4. You should ONLY have 3 layers right now (if you placed down 2 brushes like I did). I have 2 brush layers and my text layer. Right click on your text and click Rasterize Type. Right click on any of the layers and click "Merge Visible." Now you should only have 1 layer.
5. Duplicate the layer (Layer > Duplicate Layer > ok). On the original layer: Right click and click Blending Options. You're going to add a Color Overlay. Match the settings to mine with the color #000000
6. On the original layer again: Click Filter > Other > Offset. Match your settings to mine
7. On the duplicated text layer: Right click and click Blending Options. You're going to add an Inner Shadow, Bevel and Emboss, and Pattern Overlay. For the Pattern Overlay, use the polka dot pattern I've provided. Match all settings to mine.
8. Create 2 new layers. Drag one under each text layer. Right click on one of the text layers and click Merge Down to merge that text layer with the new layer below it. Do the same with the other text layer.
9. Go to the blending options and now you're going to add another Pattern Overlay. Use the grunge pattern I provided.
what I have so far:
10. Add whatever strokes you want. I added a 2px stroke of the color #eeeeee. Then I added a 2px stroke of my gradient. Then I added a 1px stroke of my scanline pattern. I also added a Drop Shadow.