Please let me know if you used this tutorial.
Please do not redistribute my tutorial.
Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
create subdomain tutorialI made a subdomain on a very old website of mine that was not for the SW for this tutorial.
The Steps1. Go to your cpanel (yourwebsite.com/cpanel). Sign into it. Scroll down where you see "Domains". Click subdomains.
2. Put in what you want your subdomain to be called. Then click on the area where it says Document Root. It should have autofilled in. Yours should be something like mine now.
3. Click "Create". It should now tell you it was created.
4. Click on the home icon at the top of the page.
5. Scroll down to where you see Files and click FTP Accounts.
6. Where it says 'Login' put the name of the subdomain.
Where it says password put in the password you want it to be.
Where it says password again just put the password in again.
Where it says strength hopefully it's very strong or above. The stronger it is the less likely it is for someone to hack your ftp account.
The directory should have filled itself out.
Where it says Quota it's how much space you are giving the owner of the subdomain to use on it. I prefer making it unlimited.
7. As long as you see them checks next to everything like I do above - click Create FTP Account. Then it should have told you the account was created.
8. Now you're done and can sign into your ftp account/subdomain.